Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Prayers

There are plenty of people that I disagree with in the blogosphere. Mostly lefties and their ilk, but some center and right-ofs also. There's not too many that I disagree more with than Jane Hamsher at Firedoglake. (except maybe the kossacks)

This, however, transcends all the petty politics of anyone. (h/t Townhall's MKH)

Loser Winner">

Loser Winner"> Three Time Loser Winner

cad6f03c-3622-4210-8057-eac5a734040f.gif

There just didn't seem to be any other way to explain why I'm not going to be present for the first two weeks of the Libby trial so I decided to resort to the truth.

As someone who has devoted years to building this blog around coverage of the CIA leak investigation, it's going to be really rough to sit on the sidelines for the first two weeks while Marcy, Christy, Pach and others cover the trial in person. I've been working for months now to obtain a press pass and set up the "Plame House" in Washington DC as a central place for bloggers to stay and share information amongst ourselves as we cover the trial. When I received (with the help of Arianna Huffington and Rachel Sklar of the Huffington Post) the only press pass awarded to a blogger to be in the actual courtroom, I was blown away. And as you might well imagine, it would have to be something pretty serious to keep me away for even a moment.

In mid-December I was diagnosed with breast cancer for the third time. It's a bit more serious this time and treatment is going to have to be more extensive. I owe a huge debt of thanks to all the folks on the blog who have stepped in and allowed me time to investigate treatment options with many physicians and make an informed decision on that front. In addition to regulars like Christy, Pach and TRex who have taken over many of my duties, I also need to express my thanks to commenters like Scarecrow, Looseheadprop, Peterr, Hugh and Oilfieldguy who have done incredible work posting so that I could take this time off. Guest posters like Taylor Marsh, Swopa, Steve Gilliard, Watertiger, Howie Klein and others have also pitched in, and no amount of words can thank the incredible RGB, our site administrator, who has taken it upon himself to coordinate all these disparate elements on the fly. It's been a daunting task and he has managed it spectacularly. (link)


As I said, I don't agree with the left (and Hamsher) on much of anything, but everyone pray for her. Beating cancer is not impossible (my mother did it) but beating it three times has got to be hard. We wish her a speedy recovery and all the best for the future.
__________
Reason for prayer

No comments:

Warzone

 Recently played a few games on Caldera (warzone) and then... Lots of luck in this one, but satisfying